Monday, April 25, 2011

Lazy

Lazy03.19.2011 – Muchausen Sound 17 – 3” CDr & Download

Tracks:
1. Hands Of Murderers
2. Amputated
3. Like The Dead, Somehow Walking
4. Plan, Plot, Think and Breathe Evil
5. Leave A Trail Of Wreaked Lives Behind
6. We Long For Light
7. Into Darkness We Sink
8. Tiny Hands


Total Length: 14:59


The sound for Lazy is centered around 1 pedal, the Snarling Dog Mold Spore, it is the common thread throughout. I never owned the pedal, I borrowed it from a friend for a day and loved the raunchy grittiness and high-end decay it served up, so I recorded multiple tracks seeing what the pedal could do, in various lengths then later divided them up and added layers and textures to complete the disc.

June 14, 2011
Viral Weekly

 Maybe 'Lazy' says something about the state of noise and its production. Its very easy to make noise, it doesn't require much effort or style: maybe music by lazy people? Maybe Marax isn't himself too serious about this? I hope so, since the pieces on this release, nine in total, don't show much originality in the world of noise (if that is at all possible). Not too well spend on me.




Thursday, December 8, 2011
Similar to the previous Marax I reviewed but definitely has a different vibe. This one has a lot more glitchy, high pitched sounds that start it off right away. It also has more tracks that go beyond the :05 mark but they are still relatively short. The thing that really stands out to me on this one is this right near the end there is a track that sounds exactly like how my alarm clock sounds in my dreams when I am trying to wake up. It's got the constant harsh beep but it is constantly changed in a subtle way that gives it this surreal and disorienting vibe that is wonderful. The layout on this one is a little heavy on the photoshop filters but this is definitely worth checking out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment